Sunday, January 08, 2006

Happy New Year!




Hope you had a happy holiday. Some people love January, others dread it. What about you, exciting new beginning or 31 days of gloom?


Let's start the call this Wednesday (10 am eastern) with a look at our accomplishments in the past year. Can you list 25?

Please do, and list 'em here in the comments section or bring them to the call. It's always nice to start out feeling successful, don't you think? And, what better way for us to get to know one another in the best possible light.

I've got some fun things planned for us this year. Stay tuned. It's going to be a wild ride.


See you on the Salon:

Wednesday, January 11; 10 am eastern, 9 central, 8 mountain, 7 am pacific.

The bridge line : 712 432 6060 pin 328960 #.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I can't talk well enough to join you on Wednesday but I wish you a great new year, full of hope.

25 is a tall order

1. for my 39th birthday I hiked to the top of Piestewa Peak in Phoenix
2. I walked a half marathon in January.
3. I taught my preschool music classes one more time, bad voice or not.
4. I sold a house (I say I, but it took the work of many many people, especially my husband) for a stupendous profit,
5. Which allowed us to by our new house in Chicago.
6. I moved, twice.
7. I found a new church and became Sunday school director.
8. I put together a fundraiser for our kids to do for the Salvation Army Angel Tree. We raised $294 to buy presents for other kids in need.
9. I learned how to suck it up and let other people help me when I really needed it.
10. I finally got brave and submitted some stories to a publisher. Okay, they were rejected but that's not the point here.
11. One story was accepted to be in an exhibit of art by people with Parkinson's in DC in February.
12. I took a weekend trip with my friend Sandy and we hiked around part of the rim of the Grand Canyon and saw condors.
13. I stuck with my Parkinson's medication when it was really hard.
14. I learned how to use public transit in Chicago.
15. I found a new doctor.
16. I got tired of being ignored and walked down and made the communication disorders clinic give me an appointment (I start speech therapy on Thursday).
17. I enjoyed watching my son grow and thrive (I can't really take any credit but I do anyway).
18. I took my first roadtrip since pd without another driver...it may be my last, but I'm glad I could do it.
19. I bought a recumbent trike and can ride it ten miles at a go.
20. I keep on walking.
21. I learned to use a miterbox to cut trim gor a chair rail.
22. I can finally hold a downward facing dog. Not for long, but more than I could in 2004.
23.I was reminded, almost continually, that my life is full of love and friendship.

That's not 25, Donna, but I'll take it.

Adele

Donna said...

It may not be 25, but they are 23 huge ones.
Congratulations.

All the best in '06....

Hope #16 went well today.