Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina Conference Call

My heart goes out to the thousands of people who are spending another night lost in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Texas.

More than once today, I have found myself overcome by the images and voices of these people. The ripples have already started to move outward. The impact of this event is evident today at gas stations and grocery stores all through the U.S.

It's time to rally the troops, and I don't mean the ones in uniforms. Times are going to get tough real soon and the more prepared we can be, the better.

I'm scheduling a conference call for Sunday afternoon, September 4 at 3:00 eastern. My intention with this call is to give you, and any one you'd like to invite, an opportunity to focus on this catastrophe and how it has impacted you and what we can do to help each other.


Like 9/11, and the tsunami last December, this event has long threads that connect us in unexpected ways. I hope that with this first call, we'll get a glimpse into how far reaching, deep and complex these connections are. Maybe we'll come up with a way to find the silver lining. That would be good, wouldn't you agree?

What are your thoughts about this?

Please post your comments. Go ahead, venting is good.

Please read and consider the comments of others and come to the call ready to contribute, to listen, learn and grow.

More info about how the whole call thing works. Click here

Sunday, September 4. 2005

3 pm eastern.

Call number: 712 580 7700

Access code: 27001 # (press the # key after the access code)

Hope to talk with you on Sunday,

D



2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am really glad that you have organized the call to discuss the threads of this catastrophe....I live with the conviction that there are silver linings to everything....and I'm excited to be included in the call to brainstorm with others outside my immediate circle to be creative together....just today I was saying that my hope is that as conscious beings we are evolving to the point where we will find new solutions to move forward in our relationships with each other and the Earth...what are the out of the box thinkers among us coming up with?