Friday, January 28, 2005

Big Changes for us

Change begins with an ending. Change ends with a new beginning.

January 28, 2005

Dear Friends and Family,

As you may have heard, our house burned last week as a result of an electrical panel short. (WAVY chopper photo here) It was fast, destructive and shocking. My son and I were at home at the time, therefore we were able to call 911 and an amazingly short time later, the Norfolk fire department was there. They stopped the fire as it was entering the first floor, protected my books and furniture with plastic and were diligent into the night making sure that the fire did not rekindle.

Our insurance coverage is very good and the company representatives have been wonderful. We're warm and safe in a suite type motel and we'll be moving into a temporary home next week just blocks from our house. So, a little inconvenience now, but in the end, we'll be in a completely rebuilt house, redesigned just for us.

I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life who have made so many warm and generous offers to help. I will be forever grateful to them for their support when the going got tough and for their thoughts and prayers. They were heard and felt by us all.

Next week, I'll be resuming my coaching practice, my husband is back to work and normal life will resume. I'm looking forward to that!

So dear friends, check your policy...if you don't have good coverage, I can't suggest strongly enough that you upgrade to the max. I hope you'll never need to know how much peace of mind you'll receive knowing that everything's going to be just fine.

All the best,

Donna

Donna Dickerson
Life Stylist

No comments: